Mexican Chicken Lasagna
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 15oz. can black beans
1 7oz can green chilies
1 15oz. can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tbsp taco seasoning
4 whole wheat 8″ tortillas
1.5 lb chicken breasts,
cooked and shredded
1 c. shredded 3 cheese blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add oil and onion. Cook until soft. Add beans, chiles, corn, tomatoes and seasoning. Stir to combine and cook until sauce bubbles.
- To assemble lasagna, spray 8×8 oven safe dish with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in dish. Top with a layer of vegetable mixture. Add chicken and part of the cheese. Repeat until complete, ending with a tortilla and any remaining cheese. Put in oven for 15 minutes of until cheese is melted.
Here are a few changes I made. I used fresh tomatoes, and I drained my corn and drained and rinsed my black beans. Also I used the whole packet of taco seasoning. Oh almost forgot, I used 2 cups of cheese.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 2 green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place the peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender and skin starts to brown.
- While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, and cook for 5 minutes. Spoon in the cooked rice, and stir until heated through. Remove from heat, mix in the feta cheese, and spoon the mixture into the pepper halves.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Cream Cupcake
Crust and Cake:
1 1/2 cups mini pretzel twists
(about 3/4 crushed)
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tbsp sugar
1 small pkg (9oz) white cake mix
(note this is about half the size of a regular box of mix)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla
Filling, Strawberries & Garnish
2 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping, divided
2/3 cup strawberry ice cream topping, divided
1 cup sliced strawberries
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper liners into wells of muffing pan. For crust, place pretzels into large plastic bag and finely crush. Combine pretzel crumbs, butter and sugar; mix well.
Drop scoops of pretzel crumbs into liners. Press to form crust in liners.
2.) Combine cake, sour cream, egg, water and vanilla; whisk 1 minute or until smooth. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
3.) Meanwhile, combine 1 cup of the whipped topping and 3 tbsp of the strawberry ice cream topping; mix well. Gently toss strawberries with 1 1/2 tbsp of the strawberry ice cream topping.
4.) When ready to serve, remove paper liner from cupcake. Slice off tops of cupcakes. Place filling on the bottom half of cupcake, then tops with strawberry mixture and then place top of cupcake on the strawberry mixture. Then top with more whipped topping.
Shrimp with tomato and feta
1 Tbsp chopped Garlic
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
5 Ripe Tomatoes, Chopped
Ground Black Pepper To Taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan, saute the chopped garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Add green onion and jalapenos; saute about 3 minutes.
- Mix in chopped tomatoes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir in parsley and oregano. Reduce heat.
- In medium saute pan toss shrimp with olive oil. Cook over medium heat until shrimp become pink. Season with salt and pepper and mix with tomato mixture. Crumble feta cheese over top.
- Serve over angel hair noodles.
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles*
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- *Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse with cold water, and drain.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, green peppers, onion, and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 each, lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, and top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
*I used no cook lasagna noodles*
Pumpkin Pie Spectacular:
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 40 gingersnaps)
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pecan Streusel
- 7 thin ginger cookies, halved
- Ginger-Spice Topping, ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Stir together crushed gingersnaps and next 3 ingredients. Press mixture on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of piecrust.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Stir together pumpkin and next 6 ingredients until well blended. Pour into prepared crust. Place pie on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle Pecan Streusel around edge of crust. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set, shielding edges with aluminum foil during last 25 to 30 minutes of baking, if necessary. Insert ginger cookies around edge of crust. Let cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Dollop with Ginger-Spice Topping; dust with cinnamon.